Friday, January 27, 2012

Life on Meds

I've been trying to do more around the house. Trying to stay as active as I can. I was not smiling when I went to see the PA. Had been off prednisone for almost a week. The person who was supposed to contact the drug companies about Enbrel and Humira could not find any evidence she had ever faxed the application to them. The application we filled out together at the end of November.

I have been taking 10 mg prednisone every am since then. It should have been prescribed as 20 mg. Back on Vicodin with aceteminophin. That does zero for the inflamation, just treats pain. The PA is still refusing to give me anything with ibuprophen. Maybe he'll reconsider if the last blood count is better. The Vicodin was written as 3 times per day. Same pill I was taking 4 times a day before. I have to take it 4 times per day or it is quite painful in the morning. Pain, not just stiffness.

I've been reading more about how to do things and what NOT to do to prevent further joint damage. Cleveland Clinic and Mayo Clinic both have some stuff.
Meanwhile, I can now balance on my two feet without holding onto something. I made it into the house from the car without a 'boost' up the steps from Jen. It feels good to have some strength back. Or enough red blood cells to oxygenate the muscles. I think it's more the prednisone than the iron - I couldn't get up the steps at Christmas.

The big job next week is to find a local lawyer specializing in SSDI.

No comments:

Post a Comment