Sunday, January 29, 2012

Oh, my aching feet . . .

My daughter has been away from home for three days. The kids are off school for three days. She's due home tonight and no one has done any dishes for three days. Since my son-in-law works 10-12 hours a day, I decide to make my move and start washing the dishes.
The 14 yr old and 11 yr old remain oblivious. This peeves me. I wish they would recognize how tired she'll be when she gets home, how much a clean house would mean to her.

It takes me 3.5 hours to do 5 sinks of dishes. My feet are killing even though I'm sitting on a stool most of the time - have to lean on my feet quite a bit. I am resting between each sinkful,
10-15 minutes. "The Fisher King" is on TV. I have to give up with another sink of pots and pans to go. By now, my left wrist and right elbow hurt with every move I make. Not good.

This all makes me think about a great website I found. It was a link from a comment on an RA blog. The woman who started the website has difficulty finding shoes to fit her painful feet. Sound familiar? Visit this site:

http://barkingdogshoes.com/

The shoes are so stylish! Many brands. And there are a LOT of websites selling the shoes with different prices. They aren't cheap, but it goes to show there are alternatives to Birkenstocks. And some are even cheaper than Birks! There are quite a few pair already on my Amazon Wishlist so I won't forget where I saw 'those really cute shoes'.

No comments:

Post a Comment